About Mrs. Parrish

Hello!  My name is Zoe Parrish and the Instructional Technology Resource Teacher (or ITRT) for Goochland County’s elementary schools.  This is my ninth year of teaching.  During that time I have worked as a general education teacher (fourth and fifth grades) and special education education teacher. I have degrees in Elementary Education and Special Education, as well as a masters degree in Instructional Technology.  In 2012 I attended the Google Teacher Academy and became a Google Certified Teacher.   I absolutely love teaching students, and I am looking forward to working with county teachers to integrate technology into the learning process!

This is a picture of me at the Google office in New York for Google Teacher Academy.

In addition to teaching I enjoy spending time with my husband, Stan, our families, and our friends.  Stan and I live in Glen Allen, VA with our dog, Poppers.  Poppers is a Boston Terrier, and she is one spoiled pup!  Stan grew up in Goochland and I grew up in Henrico, so we have a lot of family in the area.  You may know my Mom, Mrs. Albert, who is a guidance counselor at Byrd Elementary School.  I also love sports and outdoor activities.  I spend a lot of my free time outdoors doing whatever activity has sparked my interest at the time.  Bike riding has been a recent favorite!  Please stop by my classroom some time to visit and to see the exciting things we are learning about!

This is Stan with me in Paris at the Louvre

Here is Poppers, our puppy.