In last week’s webcast, J.K. Rowling spoke about some of her favorite Harry Potter experiences and answered questions that were submitted from schools across the world.
The most important message that I got out of the webcast was when J.K. Rowling said that there is a definite sign of someone who is serious about writing. Someone who truly wants to write and become an author is someone who actually finishes what they’ve started.
Ms. Rowling also spoke about her favorite new project, Pottermore, a website devoted to the books and created with the author’s imagination. Students who are interested must get parent permission before accessing this website.
- Having a Harry Potter dress-up party
- Logging into Pottermore
- Playing Jeopardy-style question games
- Getting 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Sowers, to read the books (in her British accent)
- Creating a Quidditch field and playing (with the help of PE teacher, Mr. Simons)
- Taking a field trip to an air & space museum so that students can learn how to fly
- Making a wand craft project (with the help of Art teacher, Mrs. Edmonds)
- Creating a Harry Potter Book Club blog that is managed by the students
Who knows? Maybe a Harry Potter Book Club is in the future for our Roadrunners!