Spaghetti Dinner Night is still ON! We will have special Book Fair Fiesta hours from 4-7 PM. Please visit and take a look at the amazing selection of books we will have for sale. And don’t forget that the Online Book Fair will be open until March 15th!
Update: Scholastic granted permission for the RES Book Fair Fiesta to stay open on MONDAY, March 10th! That will now be the final sale day.
VOLUNTEERS: Please sign up to help if at all possible! THANK YOU!
TEACHERS: The plan is to have the Book Fair open from 8 AM until 2 PM on Monday if we get enough volunteers to help with shifts. I am not going to schedule classes, just send students who bring money to the Book Fair when it is convenient for you. Please remember that it is typically very busy from 8:15-9 AM.
The wintry weather has prevented students from being able to shop at the RES Book Fair Fiesta. However, they can still shop ONLINE until March 15th.
The ONLINE Book Fair has plenty of benefits!
- Search for books by age, grade, category, & price.
- See what the latest movie favorites and hot series titles are.
- Browse through titles in this month’s special collection: Women’s History Month.
- View book trailers and podcasts to learn more about specific titles.
- Find out which books have won awards.
- View the flyers to see which books are highlighted.
- Discuss the book selections together, as a family.
- Send eCards to family & friends.
- Shop even if you’re not at home.
- Students can create their own virtual wish lists.
- FREE shipping to RES!
- More time to browse the selections…you have until March 15th!
- Many, many more titles are available at the ONLINE Book Fair than ever before!
- Best of all…ALL proceeds benefit the students and teachers at RES!
Click on the following link to visit the RES ONLINE Book Fair Fiesta:
You can also view a list of books I recommend: http://onlinebookfairs.scholastic.com/search/c1/Teacher/c2/VVCI1WnFd%2f8%3d/
If you didn’t get a chance to purchase a favorite item at the RES book fair last week, there is still an opportunity to get it. The ONLINE Book Fair is open until November 24th!
Here’s how it works:
- You can browse through our special online website that is designated just for RES families.
- Click on the items you would like to choose and add them to your shopping basket.
- Pay for the purchases.
- After November 24th, all purchases will be shipped to RES in your child’s name for FREE!
- All purchases made at the school book fair last week and the Online Book Fair benefit RES.
Thank you for your support!
All for Books™ provides an easy and effective way to unite the school community and provide more books for kids and teachers. All funds collected through All for Books are used to buy more books from the Book Fair. Funds can be used to:
- Give more students a chance to participate in the Book Fair.
- Add books to the school library.
- Help teachers build and refresh their classroom libraries.
- Donate to another school or community organization in need of books.
Scholastic matches the monetary donations schools generate, with a donation of up to one million books to two national non-profit organizations dedicated to helping kids and families in need: Kids in Distressed Situations, Inc. and the Kids In Need Foundation.
By working together, we can help connect kids with more books than ever before.
Donate your spare change to our GIRLS vs BOYS contest! The money that we raise through the All for Books donations will go toward sending soccer balls, recorders and art materials so that children who attend our partner school in Haiti can have PE, Music & Art – just like us!
During the first day of the book fair, the results are:
- BOYS – $5.83
- GIRLS – $11.06