Please click on the following Sign Up Genius link if you would like to know when your child is visiting the Book Fair Fiesta:
- Classes will be coming to Room 104 for a Student Preview Day on March 3rd.
- They will be able to purchase books from March 4th-7th from 8 AM until 3 PM.
- In addition, the Book Fair Fiesta will be open from 5-8 PM during Spaghetti Dinner Night on Friday, March 7th.
The spring book fair is nearly here! We are currently recruiting volunteers to help with the Book Fair Fiesta, which will be held the week of March 3-7. Volunteers, please visit our Sign Up Genius to schedule a time that works for you.
Join our volunteer group and help us plan and conduct our school’s best reading event ever! Join us if you …
- like to organize and put things in place.
- bring creative flair to signs and decorations.
- enjoy offering a helping hand, setting up, or packing up.
- want to help shoppers of all ages find the perfect book.
We appreciate your support in whatever form it takes! Thank you for helping make the Book Fair Fiesta a celebration of reading!
Congratulations to a third grade student for correctly guessing that the “mummified” book at the Reading Oasis book fair had 320 pages in it! She received a copy of the book, Scholastic World Records: 2013, as a prize!
Friday, November 1st was Student Preview Day at the Book Fair Oasis. THANK YOU to the amazing parent volunteers who made this possible!
The Book Fair will be open from November 4th-7th. Click here to see when classes are planning to visit the Book Fair.
Don’t forget: If you aren’t able to visit the Book Fair this week, you can still purchase books at our Online Book Fair, which ends on November 15th.
The RES Book Fair Oasis is here!
Last week, adult and student volunteers offered to help with the decorations to transform the Library-Media Center into an Ancient Egyptian temple. I feel very lucky to be working with so many wonderful people!
Also, I want to make sure that a HUGE thank you goes out to the employees at the Short Pump Home Depot. They donated $50 worth of items (such as duck tape, masking tape, dowel rods, and more) AND they loaned me some of the other items to use for the book fair displays! Thanks again, Home Depot, for helping to make this fundraiser a success!
Students created cartouches and designed burial masks to display at the book fair.
Volunteers (including my Dad!) helped to make the decorations for the book fair.
Volunteers are needed to help with the Reading Oasis Book Fair!
- October 31st – Set Up Day from 1-3 PM
- November 1st – Student Preview Day from 8AM-3 PM
- November 4th – Purchase Day from 12-3 PM
- November 5th – Parent Conference Day *Special Hours from 12-6 PM
- November 6th – Purchase Day from 8 AM-3PM
- November 7th – Final Purchase Day from 8AM-1:30 PM
- November 7th – Take Down Book Fair from 1:30-3 PM
Contact RES Library-Media Specialist, Susan Vaughan
OR visit the Reading Oasis Book Fair Sign-Up Genius:
If you didn’t get a chance to purchase a favorite item at the RES book fair last week, there is still an opportunity to get it. The ONLINE Book Fair is open until November 24th!
Here’s how it works:
- You can browse through our special online website that is designated just for RES families.
- Click on the items you would like to choose and add them to your shopping basket.
- Pay for the purchases.
- After November 24th, all purchases will be shipped to RES in your child’s name for FREE!
- All purchases made at the school book fair last week and the Online Book Fair benefit RES.
Thank you for your support!
All for Books™ provides an easy and effective way to unite the school community and provide more books for kids and teachers. All funds collected through All for Books are used to buy more books from the Book Fair. Funds can be used to:
- Give more students a chance to participate in the Book Fair.
- Add books to the school library.
- Help teachers build and refresh their classroom libraries.
- Donate to another school or community organization in need of books.
Scholastic matches the monetary donations schools generate, with a donation of up to one million books to two national non-profit organizations dedicated to helping kids and families in need: Kids in Distressed Situations, Inc. and the Kids In Need Foundation.
By working together, we can help connect kids with more books than ever before.
Donate your spare change to our GIRLS vs BOYS contest! The money that we raise through the All for Books donations will go toward sending soccer balls, recorders and art materials so that children who attend our partner school in Haiti can have PE, Music & Art – just like us!
During the first day of the book fair, the results are:
- BOYS – $5.83
- GIRLS – $11.06