Click here to view the 36 titles that are on the 2014-15 Reading Olympics book list.
4th & 5th grade students who are interested in participating in RO will be given permission slips in August when we return to school.
Future Reading Olympians may begin reading from the list now…or they may wait until the first formal meeting in the beginning of September.
- Reading Olympians will work in teams to collectively read from the list of 36 books between September and March.
- Team members will be required to come to weekly meetings, which will be scheduled during the 4th & 5th grade Core Extension block on Wednesdays.
- In the meetings, students will share information on the books they have read with their teammates.
- Students will be required to take and earn at least an 80% passing rate on the Accelerated Reader (AR) test for each book read.
- Students must read a minimum of 6 RO books before April 1.
- There will be deadlines which RO participants must meet to continue working with their teams.
- 2 books from the RO list by November 1.
- 4 books by February 1.
- 6 books by April 1.
More information to come soon. Happy Summer Reading!