The third grade “No Girls Allowed Book Club” continues to meet on Friday afternoons in the Library-Media Center.
So far this year, we have…
- explored Virginia wildlife
- earned free magazines
- read articles from Kids Discover magazines
- listened to GCPS Superintendent, Dr. James Lane, play the trumpet
- created Origami Yoda
- listened to funny poetry
- highlighted chapter books that appeal to boys
- played the “Who Am I?” game
- participated in a spooky storytelling event
- explored nonfiction titles
- matched jokes to their punch lines
- listened to audiobooks…and more!
With only a few weeks to go before the NGA Book Club must end for the year, we are trying to put together a few final exciting and engaging activities to inspire our boys to read for pleasure.
We are currently looking for male role models who…
- love to play basketball (for our upcoming Poetry Slam Dunk Contest)
- have a special interest they want to share (ie – technology,
- just want to lend a helping hand during Club meetings.
If you are interested, please contact Susan Vaughan ~ email@example.com
*The NGA Club meets every Friday from 2:40-3:10 PM in the RES Library-Media Center. It includes every third grade boy who attends RES!