WILD About Learning

Monday, August 5, 2013

Randolph Elementary School is “WILD About Learning” for the 2013-14 school year!  Be sure to stop by the Library-Media Center to see our WILD window displays.

The entrance area is based on Maurice Sendak’s Caldecott award winning book, Where the Wild Things Are.  This year marks the 50th anniversary of this incredible story!  The display’s image of Max is filled with words that describe what our students do when visiting the library: collaborating, reading, borrowing, learning, researching, etc.

The exit area design is inspired by Wild About Books by Judy Sierra.  It includes images of books about wild animals that are available in our library collection.  The giraffe and warthog artwork was created by RES art teacher, Cindy Edmonds, for a safari-themed book fair that took place about 5 years ago.

3 Comments

1. Emma Crampton says:

I love the pictures soooooo cute! Good work Ms. Vaughan:)

2. Bella Grace Finck says:

Mrs. Vaughan, you are AWESOME!The pictures are SO great! It’s hard to believe it’s my last year with you. :(

BUT I am planning to make it the best year ever! (You know I’m not one to end something on a sad note!)

Bella Grace

3. Thanks, Bella Grace! YOU are awesome! I’m so thrilled to get to spend more time with you this year. :)