April is National Poetry Month! Students who visit the library will be listening & reading selections from poetry books, as well as learning about and writing various forms of poetry during the month of April.
The Library-Media Center entrance doors have been decorated with a “Poet Tree” in honor of National Poetry Month.
The “Poet Tree” showcases examples of fantastic poetry selections available in the Library-Media Center.
The leaves of the “Poet Tree” list names of famous poets.
Congratulations to Mrs. Hoffler’s Reading Olympics team, the “AR Stars”! They are the CHAMPIONS of the 2012-2013 GCPS Reading Olympics tournament!
Mrs. Hoffler’s Reading Olympics team, the AR Stars, proudly displays their winning banner and trophy at the GCPS Reading Olympics tournament.
The Roadrunners are proud of their success!
Other RES teams also did incredibly well at the tournament.
Mrs. Ferguson’s “Reading Rockets” tied for 2nd place with a GES team!
Ms. Grady’s “Reading Rhinos” were the 3rd place team!
My team, “The Final Chapter,” was only one point behind the 3rd place team!
Mrs. Crampton’s team, “BiblioBombers Rock,” did really well, too!
Ten teams of fourth and fifth grade students competed in the 2012-2013 GCPS Reading Olympics Tournament at BES.
Thanks to the many amazingly wonderful RES volunteers who have helped to make this year’s Library-Media program a success!
Mrs. Whitlock reads Dr. Seuss stories to students.
Library volunteers helped by…
- reading to classes when I was needed for testing or to attend meetings
- reshelving books
- checking out books and materials to patrons
- repairing damaged materials
- creating displays for the book fair and other special events
- coaching Reading Olympics teams
- assisting with book fairs
- working with small groups of students
- preparing art materials to use with lessons
- setting up activities…and so much more!
I am forever in your debt. Thank you for another fantastic year!