THURSDAY Library Hours

Friday, September 14, 2012
I wanted to share something new that I am doing this year.  On Thursdays, the library will have different hours.  Instead of being open from 8 AM – 3:30 PM, I will be here from 10 AM – 5:30 PM on Thursdays only.  The plan is that if students are working on research projects, need time to take AR tests, or need a quiet space for completing homework, they will have the option to stay after school and work in the Library.  
I’ve already had a few students take advantage of this in the past few weeks and hope that more will be able to use this flexible time to complete their assignments. I know that some of Mrs. Spessard’s students are planning on working on their GRIP projects during this time as well.
There are a few “rules” to staying:
  • I must have written parent permission no later than Wednesday of the week the students want to stay.
  • No more than 10 students can stay each week.  (I want to be able to spend time working with them and giving them the attention they deserve.)
  • Students must be picked up no later than 5:15 PM.
  • If there are behavior problems, students will not be allowed to stay again.
If you have students who might be able to benefit from this opportunity, please contact me.