Reading Olympics Coaches Needed!

Friday, September 14, 2012

If you are interested in being a coach for the Reading Olympics program, please contact me ASAP!  We currently have 55 fourth and fifth grade students signed up to participate in Reading Olympics, which means we will have 5 teams from RES this year.

Parents who are interested in coaching (or co-coaching) should plan on visiting RES once a week for team meetings.  I will help to guide you through the process.  You are not expected to read any or all of the 38 books on the Reading Olympics list, just lend support and guidance to the students who are on your team.

Team meetings will begin soon, so please don’t hesitate!  I will have a Reading Olympics information booth set up during the Club & Organization Fair on Tuesday, September 18th from 6-6:30 PM (prior to the PTA meeting on Open House Night).  Please stop by my table to learn more…and to sign up to help!  Thank you!

One Comment

1. Thanks to Mrs. Ferguson, Ms. Grady, Mrs. Wensell, Mrs. Hoffler, and Mrs. Crampton for volunteering to coach Reading Olympics teams this year!