The draft 2015-16 school calendar is available for review. The school board will consider the calendar for adoption during its regularly scheduled meeting March 10th.
Highlights of the calendar:
- 180 instructional days
- First day for students is August 24, 2015
- 3 full & 2 half professional days built in
- full 2 weeks for winter break
- Wednesday before Thanksgiving remains a holiday
- Spring break a full week after Easter
- 9 full make up snow days built in
- School year ends June 3rd
As in past years, a committee of faculty and parent representatives from each school collaborated to develop this draft, incorporating the sentiments that have been expressed through personal interaction and survey responses. We are confident this calendar serves the GCPS students and community well, but we certainly want to hear from you.
You can contact your child’s principal or any member of the GCPS leadership, simply reply to this blog post, or contact your school board representatives directly.