All Strings Attached

Our Goochland High School guitar club met for the first time last Wednesday. There are four of us and I anticipate tremendous things coming out of this group. After sharing some of our experiences with the guitar, we jumped right in with some work with finger style acoustic playing, specifically using an open tuning that replicated the drone of a bagpipe.

It was great to spend time exploring our musical influences and getting to know each other’s guitar styles. We have a wide variety of interest and experience represented among us and a seemingly limitless horizon of creativity. One member shared a composition he had written for guitar and piano on his phone.

I’m really looking forward to our next meeting, where we have each committed to showing up with an original piece of guitar music to share with the group.

Two of the GHS guitar club members, practicing…

This entry was posted in GHS Guitar Club. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to All Strings Attached

1. eferguson says:

I love the idea that you are a club member, too. What an incredible role model for these students. Thank you for being there for them.

• pgretz says:

Thanks Beth! I’m so thankful to Mr. Newman for arranging it. What a blessing to have the chance to learn with these students.

2. Kim Watts says:

I am so excited to hear about the guitar club. What a wonderful opportunity for all! Thanks Dr. Gretz!