So, second year digital art students will use Lewis Carroll’s wonderful tale to generate several assignments, a collaboration, and weekly chapter discussions of the book.
- Did you know Lewis Carroll is a pseudonym? His real name? Charles Lutwidge Dodgson.
- Original title of book, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.
1. This summer download the free book to your electronic device. http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/11
If you aren’t able to download, or don’t own a copy of the book let me know. I’ll have copies for purchase. $3.00
2. Sketch some of the characters. Wouldn’t it be fun to draw all the characters in Manga style? Pop Art style? Grunge style?
- Think about it and write me by adding a comment about the two questions below:
Alice is well known even among people who have not read the books. There have been many movies and many TV shows with Alice parodies or references. Some examples of well-known ideas from the books include “going down the rabbit hole,” a white rabbit with a watch, the Cheshire Cat who can disappear bit by bit until only his smile is left, the riddle “why is a raven like a writing desk,” “curiouser and curiouser,” the eating of the mushroom and other items to alter one’s size, the Walrus and the Carpenter (http://www.jabberwocky.com/carroll/walrus.html), and the cry, “Off with their heads!” Why is Alice such a popular cultural icon?