District 3 School Board Member, John Lumpkins, was invited to speak as part of Governor McDonnell’s education press release today! Click here to view the Governor’s press release, which includes a quote specifically from Mr. Lumpkins!! Amongst other education innovations, the Governor proposed:
- $59 million for teacher compensation
- $15 million for strategic compensation
- Increasing the probationary period from 3 to 5 years for teachers
- Revisions to the grievance process
- A Governor’s Teacher Cabinet
Lumpkins was asked to speak as the representative of the Virginia School Board Association (VSBA). In his remarks, Mr. Lumpkins expressed support and gratitude for the Governor’s proposals. The VSBA, Virginia Association of School Superintendents, Virginia Association of Secondary School Principals, and the Virginia Association of Elementary School Principals all shared their support for the initiative.
Please congratulate Mr. Lumpkins on this amazing honor! He did an amazing job and I was proud to see him represent Goochland so well!