Learn with VSTE

I’m proud to be a member of VSTE and have served as one of their directors since 2008. Today, Liz Kuhns also serves on their board. Feel free to ask either one of us about some of their free learning opportunities.

Tonight on the VSTE Island in Second Life beginning at 8PM is a talk by Rob Furman on motivating the reluctant reader using technology. You’ll need to start sooner if SL is new to you, to set up an avatar and download the software. But SL is a really cool environment and these free sessions by VSTE are well-done.
Thursday the 17th at 8 PM VSTE is offering afree webinar on Dispelling Myths about Using Copyright Materials in Education. My friend Michael George, an ITRT from Fredericksburg City, is the presenter.
And VSTE is offering a virtual conference in the evenings from January 28-Feb 2nd. It kicks off at 6:30 PM with a keynote from Pam Moran and Becky Fisher from Albemarle County, VA. Their presentation is on “Hacking Education: from Tweaks to Transformation.” I know it should be good! Learn more about this opportunity on the VSTE website.
All of these VSTE offerings are FREE and come with recertification points for participating. (Be sure and get their certificates and bring them for approval by your principal.) If you participate in one or more sessions at the VSTE Virtual Virginia 2013 event mentioned in the preceding paragraph, I’m willing to count that as a technology integration course if you get approval first by telling me which sessions you plan to participate in.
If you’d like future events such as these delivered to your inbox, take a few minutes and become a VSTE member. Talk to Liz Kuhns or I about VSTE if you have questions. Membership is complimentary.