The varsity volleyball team beat RE Lee tonight 3-1 in the semi-finals of Region 2A East Volleyball Tournament. The scores were 25-20, 21-25, 25-23 & 25-15. With the win, GHS will host the finals of the tournament at 5:00 on Saturday, November 14. Admission for the game is $6.00.
Also with the win, the Bulldogs will play in the semi-finals of the VHSL State Volleyball Tournament on Tuesday, November 17. With a win on Saturday, we will host and if we lose on Saturday we will be on the road.
Congratulations to the varsity volleyball team!!!!!!!
Monday, November 9:
1. The high school winter athletic teams will start tryouts for swim teams, wrestling team, girls basketball teams & boys basketball right after school.
Tuesday, November 10:
1. The varsity volleyball team will host Nandua in a quarter final game of Region 2A East Volleyball Tournament 6:00. Cost for the games is $6.00 and GHS family, senior citizen & athletic team passes do not work for tournament games.
Thursday, November 12:
1. With a win on Tuesday, the volleyball team will travel to the winner of the Stuart Draft/RE Lee game for a semi-final game in Region 2A East Volleyball Tournament.
Friday, November 13:
1. The varsity football team will host Wilson Memorial in a first round playoff game in the Region 2A East Football Playoffs at 7:00. Cost for the game is $7.00 and GHS family, senior citizen & athletic team passes do not work for tournament games.
Saturday, November 14:
1. Austin Bruce will represent GHS, James River District, QRC 34 & Region 2A East in the VHSL 2A East Cross Country Meet at Great Meadow, The Plains, VA at 12:30. Admission to the state cross country meet is $10.00
2. The championship game of Region 2A East Volleyball Tournament will be held. Teams & location of the game will be known after the semi-final games on Thursday.
Monday, June 1:
1. The girls soccer team, the #1 team from Conference 34, will host the #2 team from Conference 33, Northampton in the quarter finals of the Region 2A East Girls Soccer Tournament at 5:00. Admission is $6.00.
2. The boys soccer team the #2 team from Conference 34, will travel to the #1 team of Conference 33 Bruton in the quarter finals of the Region 2A East Boys Soccer Tournament at 7:00. Admission is $6.00.
3. The softball team, the #1 team from Conference 34, will host the #2 team from Conference 33 Nandua in the quarter finals of the Region 2A East Softball Tournament at 5:00. Admission is $6.00.
4. The baseball team, the #1 team from Conference 34, will host the #2 team from Conference 33 King William in the quarter finals of the Region 2A East Baseball Tournament at 5:00. Admission is $6.00.
Tuesday, June 2:
1. The GHS boys tennis doubles team will participate in the Region 2A East Boys Tennis Doubles Tournament at Battery Park starting at 11:00.
2. The GHS girls tennis doubles team will participate in the Region 2A East Girls Tennis Doubles Tournament at Wilson Memorial High School at 2:00.
Wednesday, June 3:
1. With wins on Monday, the girls soccer, softball & baseball teams would host the semi-finals games of the Region 2A East Tournaments and the boys soccer team would be on the road.
Friday, June 5:
1. Members of the girls & boys track teams will participate in the VHSL 2A Track Meet in Radford.
2. With wins on Wednesday, GHS would host the finals of girls soccer, softball & baseball in the Region 2A East Tournaments. With a win, the boys soccer team would be still be on the road for the finals.
Saturday, June 6:
- Members of the girls & boys track teams will participate in the VHSL 2A Track Meet in Radford.
Monday, February 16:
1. The varsity girls basketball team travels to Amelia in the Quad Rivers Conference 34 Basketball Tournament at 7:00. Cost for the game is $6.00
2. The varsity boys basketball team travels to Prince Edward for a quarter final game in the Quad Rivers Conference 34 Basketball Tournament at 7:00. Cost for the game is $6:00.
Tuesday, February 17:
1. The Forensics team travels to Prince Edward High School to compete in the Quad Rivers Conference 34 Forensics Competition at 4:00.
Thursday, February 19:
1. Semi-finals of the QRC 34 Basketball Tournaments at higher seeds.
Friday, February 20:
1. Championship games of the QRC 34 Basketball Tournament at the highest seeded boys team still in the tournament. Both the girls & boys championship games will be played at this location. Cost for the games is $7:00.
Saturday, February 21:
1. Members of the swim team will travel to Christiansburg to participate in the VHSL 1A & 2A swim meet.
Monday, June 2:
1. Maddie Parker will represent GHS, James River District & Quad Rivers Conference 34 in the singles tournament of the Region 2A East Girls Singles Tennis Tournament at 1:00 at Wilson Memorial High School.
2. The baseball team travels to Nandua (on the Eastern Shore) to play in a quarter final game of the Region 2A East Baseball Tournament at 5:00.
3. The softball team will host Northampton (from the Easter Shore) in a quarter final game of the Region 2A East Softball Tournament at 5:00. Cost for the game is $6.00.
4. The girls soccer game will host Nandua (from the Eastern Shore) in a quarter final game of the Region 2A East Girls Soccer Tournament at 5:30. Cost for the game is $6.00.
Tuesday, June 3:
1. Maddie Parker and Emily Hobbs will represent GHS, James River District & the Quad Rivers Conference 34 in the Region 2A East Girls Doubles Tennis Tournament at Wilson Memorial High School at 1:00.
Wednesday, June 4:
1. After their 6-4 win over Nandua on Monday, the softball team will host Page County at 5:00 in a semi-final game in the Region 2A East Softball Tournament. Cost for the game is $6.00.
2. After their 4-1 win over Northampton on Monday, the girls soccer team will host George Mason at 5:30 in a semi-final game in the Region 2A East Girls Soccer Tournament. Cost for the game is $6.00.
Friday, June 6:
1. With wins on Wednesday, the teams will be on the road for the finals of the Region 2A East Tournaments.
2. Members of the track teams will compete in the VHSL State Track Meet at Radford University.
Saturday, June 7:
1. Members of the track teams will compete in the VHSL State Track Meet at Radford University.
Not only is Goochland in the Quad River Conference 34, we are also a member os the 2 A East Region. There are four conferences in 2 A East. The four conferences & the schools are:
Conference 33: Arcadia, Bruton, King William, Maggie Walker, Nandua & Windsor
Conference 34 (Quad River Conference 34): Amelia, Bluestone, Brunswick, Goochland, Greensville, Nottoway & Prince Edward
Conference 35: Clarke County, George Mason, Luray, Madison County, Page County, Stonewall Jackson-Quicksburg & Strasburg
Conference 36: Buffalo Gap, East Rockingham, Nelson County, R E Lee-Staunton, Riverheads & Wilson Memorial
2 A East Volleyball Tournament will be held on Tuesday, November 12, Thursday, November 14 and Saturday, November 16. Start times for the games is 7:00. Cost for the games is $5.00 and again the GHS Family & Senior Citizen passes do not work for tournament games.
Brackets: Quarter Finals Tuesday, November 12 Game 1: C34 Runner-up at C33 Champion Game 2: C36 Runner-up at C35 Champion Game 3: C33 Runner-up at C34 Champion Game 4: C35 Runner-up at C36 Champion
Semi-Finals Thursday, November 14 Game 5: Winner Game 2 at Winner of Game 1 Game 6: Winner of Game 4 at Winner of Game 3
Finals Saturday, November 16 Game 7: Winner of Game 5 at Winner of Game 6
The two teams that make it to Saturday’s championship game both will advance to the VHSL 2 A semi-finals at VCU’s Siegel Center the week of November 20-23.
The softball team lost 4-1 to Floyd County today in the finals of the VHSL D2 State Softball Tournament. The Bulldogs had a great season and finished 22-5.
Great job girls, coaches and parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Goochland Bulldogs softball team beat James River-Buchanan today, 3-1 in the semi-finals of the VHSL D2 Softball Tournament. They will play Floyd County a 13-4 winner over Northumberland in the other semi-final game. The state championship game will be on played on Radford University’s softball field at 10:00 am tomorrow, Sunday, June 9.
Due to rain that went through the Roanoke Valley this morning, the start time for the semi-finals games has been changed to 4:00 & 7:00. Goochland will not play until 7:00 tonight vs. James River-Buchanan at Veteran’s Field in Radford.
The time for the VHSL D2 Softball Semi-final game Goochland vs. James River-Buchanan at Radford University has been moved to 4:00 on Saturday, June 8.
The VHSL State Games scheduled for Friday & Saturday have been moved to Saturday & Sunday and games times the same. So at the present time, Goochland will play James River-Buchanan at Veteran Field at 1:00 on Saturday, June 8.
The Goochland softball team beat King William tonight in the quarterfinals of the VHSL D2 State Softball Tournament 2-1. They advance to the semi-finals at Radford University River Field at 1:00 on Friday, June 7 vs. James River Buchanan. Cost for the game is $10.00.
Tuesday, June 4:
1. The varsity softball team travels to King William for a quarterfinal VHSL D 2 Softball game at 5:00. Cost for the game is $10.00.
Friday, June 7 & Saturday, June 8: VHSL State Championships at Radford University
I think you will enjoy a great article published by Scrimmage Play on Christmas Day called “Coming Together” about Goochland Football and Mason Engel.
Here is another website to is Creative Images. Steve Reedy took them at the game on Saturday, December 8. His phone number is 276-356-1878 and his e-mail address is email@example.com.
Highlight PHOTOS took pictures of the VHSL Division 2 State Football Championship Game on Saturday, December 8, which by the way Goochland won 41-14 over Essex. By the first of the week, the photos should be on Drew Tedesco’s website Highlight-Photos.com. HIs phone number is 540-241-0573.
VHSL Network to Stream All 2012 Football Championship Games LIVE
Group AAA Division 5 and 6 Games to be Televised Live on Comcast SportsNet CSN Plus Channel
Charlottesville, Va., and ATLANTA (December 5, 2012) – Twelve of the best high school football teams in Virginia will take the field Saturday, December 8 in the 2012 VHSL Football Championships taking place across the state in Salem, Lynchburg and Charlottesville, Va. The VHSL Network will stream the Group A Division 1 and 2 and Group AA Division 3 and 4 games live at www.vhslnetwork.com. The Group AAA Division 5 and 6 games from University of Virginia’s Scott Stadium will air live on Comcast SportsNet CSN Plus Channel and will stream live on ESPN3. All games will be available on demand and for DVD purchase at VHSLNetwork.com
In addition to streaming the football championship games live, the VHSL Network will also make live highlights available as the games are played. The highlights will be posted to the VHSL Network portal, www.vhslnetwork.com.
To watch the Group AAA Division 5 and 6 games live on CSN Plus, check your local listings. A channel finder can be located at http://www.csnwashington.com/channel-finder to locate a channel in your local area.
“We are thrilled to have the opportunity to distribute all of our football championships to fans throughout Virginia and beyond on the VHSL Network and CSN Plus,” said VHSL Executive Director Ken Tilley. “This is an amazing opportunity for the participating high schools, athletes, and the VHSL.”
The VHSL Network is a partnership between the VHSL and PlayOn! Sports that features live and on-demand coverage of high school sports in Virginia on television and the Internet. The VHSL Network video portal,www.vhslnetwork.com is one component of the partnership and gives fans access, at no charge, to a wide variety of events including the recent VHSL Volleyball and Field Hockey Championships.
The matchups and broadcast times for the 2012 VHSL Football Championships on Saturday December 8 are:
Group A, Salem City Stadium, Salem, Va.
Group A Division 2 Goochland (12-2) vs. Essex (14-0) 4:30 pm ET
Group A Division 1 Honaker (13-1) vs. George Wythe (12-1) Noon ET
Group AA, Williams Stadium, Liberty University, Lynchburg, Va.
Group AA Division 3 The James Monroe (12-1) vs. Brookville (13-0) Noon ET
Group AA Division 4 Heritage (Lyn) (12-1) vs. Briar Woods (14-0) 4:30 p.m. ET
Group AAA, Scott Stadium, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va.
Group AAA Division 5 Lake Taylor (14-0) vs. Stone Bridge (14-0) Noon p.m. ET
Group AAA Division 6 L.C. Bird (13-0) vs. Ocean Lakes (14-0) 4 p.m. ET
About PlayOn! Sports:
PlayOn! Sports is the largest rights holder, producer, and aggregator of high school sports events distributed across television, the Internet, and IP-video enabled mobile devices. By combining State Athletic Associations’ postseason content with the regular season events of member schools, PlayOn provides marketers with a unique multi-media platform solution to reach teens, young adults and families. PlayOn is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with offices in the Southeast, Midwest and California. For more information, contact PlayOn! Sports at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.playonsports.com.
The Virginia High School League is an alliance of Virginia’s public high schools that promotes education, leadership, sportsmanship, character and citizenship for students by establishing and maintaining high standards for school activities and competitions.
The ticket for the State Championship Football Game vs. Essex on Saturday, Dec. 8, go on sale tomorrow, Wednesday, Dec. 5 at GHS. The cost of the ticket is $10.00 the same as it is at the game. But if you know you are going to the game buy it at GHS so the athletic department can get a $1.00 back for every ticket that we sell here.
To show your school spirit going to Salem on Saturday for the Championship Football Game, the Big G Car Flags are on sale. Two for the price of one, $10.00. E-mail or call Coach Gordon to reserve your pair of flags.
Also, the Goochland Stick Family is on sale for $10.00. Also, show your school spirit with your GHS family on the back windshield of your car.
Pictures from semi-final win over Wilson Memorial yesterday should be posted later this week on Highlight PHOTOS.
The GHS Bulldogs varsity football team beat Wilson Memorial 35-0 today in the VHSL Semi-Finals of the Division 2 Football Championship play. They will face Essex High School in the championship game on Saturday, Dec. 8 at Salem Field, Salem VA at 4:30. Cost for the game is $10.00.
Monday, Dec. 3:
1. Scholastic Bowl travels to Nottoway for their matches at 6:00.
Tuesday, Dec. 4:
1. The middle school girls and boys basketball teams host St. Anne’s at 5:00 & 6:15. Cost for the games is $4.00.
2. The JV & varsity girls basketball teams travel to Fluvanna for their games at 6:00 & 7:30.
3. The home boys basketball games scheduled with Fluvanna have been postponed until January 30.
Wednesday, Dec. 5:
1. The middle school girls basketball team hosts St. Catherine’s at 5:00. Cost for the game is $4.00.
2. The middle school boys basketball team hosts Caroline at 6:30. Cost for the game is $4.00.
3. The JV & varsity girls basketball teams travel to Powhatan for their games at 6:00 & 7:30. (These games were originally scheduled as home games.)
4. The boys basketball games have been postponed until Jan. 23.
5. Ticket for the State Championship Football Game will go on sale during lunches. Cost for the game is $10.00.
Thursday, Dec. 6:
1. Swim team travels to Smith’s Pool in Charlottesville to take on Charlottesville High School at 6:00.
Friday, Dec. 7:
1. The JV and varsity girls basketball teams host Central at 6:00 & 7:30. Cost for the games is $5.00.
2. The boys basketball games with Central will be postponed.
Saturday, Dec. 8:
1. The varsity football team will be playing in the VHSL Division 2 Football Championship Game at Salem Field in Salem VA at 4:30. They will be playing Essex High School. Cost for the game is $10.00.
Tickets for the varsity football game at Wilson Memorial HIgh School on Saturday, Dec. 1 will be on sale at GHS during lunches for $10.00. Or e-mail Bryan Gordon at Bryan Gordon <email@example.com> if you want tickets.
Thursday, November 29:
1. The middle school girls and boys basketball team travels to Powhatan for their games at 6:00 & 7:00.
2. The JV & varsity girls basketball teams host Fluvanna at 6:00 & 7:30. Cost for the games is $5.00.
Friday, November 30:
1. The varsity girls basketball team travels to Trinity High School for the E. Dale Travis Invitational Basketball Tournament. They will be playing Appomattox Regional Governors School at 2:00. Cost for the games is $5.00.
2. Boys basketball game at Fluvanna has been postponed to a later date.
Saturday, December 1:
1. The varsity football team travels to Wilson Memorial High School in Fishersville to take on the Hornets at 1:30 in the semi-finals of the VHSL Division 2 Football Championship.
2. The varsity girls basketball team travels back to Trinity for the finals of the E. Dale Travis Invitational Basketball Tournament. Consolation game is scheduled for 2:00 and the championship game is scheduled for 5:45. It will depend on how they do on Friday to determine what game they will be playing in on Saturday.