1. The high school winter athletic teams will start tryouts for swim teams, wrestling team, girls basketball teams & boys basketball right after school.
Tuesday, November 10:
1. The varsity volleyball team will host Nandua in a quarter final game of Region 2A East Volleyball Tournament 6:00. Cost for the games is $6.00 and GHS family, senior citizen & athletic team passes do not work for tournament games.
Thursday, November 12:
1. With a win on Tuesday, the volleyball team will travel to the winner of the Stuart Draft/RE Lee game for a semi-final game in Region 2A East Volleyball Tournament.
Friday, November 13:
1. The varsity football team will host Wilson Memorial in a first round playoff game in the Region 2A East Football Playoffs at 7:00. Cost for the game is $7.00 and GHS family, senior citizen & athletic team passes do not work for tournament games.
Saturday, November 14:
1. Austin Bruce will represent GHS, James River District, QRC 34 & Region 2A East in the VHSL 2A East Cross Country Meet at Great Meadow, The Plains, VA at 12:30. Admission to the state cross country meet is $10.00
2. The championship game of Region 2A East Volleyball Tournament will be held. Teams & location of the game will be known after the semi-final games on Thursday.
This post is on Coach’s Corner that can be found under Schools on the GCPS website. I post each week schedule of athletic events for both the high school & middle school. I also post any cancellations for games as soon as they happen.
You can also go to rSchooltoday website http://www.jamesriverdistrictva.org, then click on Goochland and get the schedules, scores, standings & cancellations of Goochland High School & all of the James River District teams. There is a place you can put in your e-mail address and get an e-mail when a game is changed.
You can also go to Goochland Sports http://www.goochlandsports.org/ but this pulls off of the rSchooltoday website and sometimes does not get updated as quickly.
Coach Fowler keeps all of the football information on Max Preps .
I hope this helps… or you can call me at 804-556-5322 ext. 4711 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The winter athletic awards ceremony will take place on Tuesday, March 17 in the auditorium at 6:30. The following teams will be honored: girls basketball, boys basketball, girls swim, boys swim, basketball cheerleaders, scholastic bowl & forensics.
With trying to get the quarterfinal games in all week, most schools out of school again tomorrow and the forecast of a mixed bag on Saturday, the Quad Rivers Conference 34 Basketball Tournament has been canceled. QRC 34 will send the top four seeds to Region 2A East Basketball Tournament next week on Tuesday, February 24.
Girls will be: Bluestone #1 & Amelia #2 at home with Nottoway #3 & Greensville #4 on the road
Boys will be: Greensville #1 & Prince Edward #2 at home with Brunswick #3 & Amelia #4 on the road
The quarterfinals of the Quad Rivers Conference 34 Basketball Tournament have been postponed again. At the present time, they have been rescheduled for tomorrow, Thursday, February 19. Our varsity girls are at Amelia starting at 6:00 and boys are at Prince Edward starting at 7:00. T
The girls & boys Quad Rivers Basketball Tournament games scheduled for tonight have been postponed until Wednesday. GHS girls at Amelia at 6:00 and GHS boys at Prince Edward at 7:00. Thus the tournament would be Wednesday, Thursday & Friday.
If it gets pushed to Thursday, then the tournament would be played Thursday, Friday & Saturday. If pushed to Friday, then Friday, Saturday & Sunday. If it get pushed to Saturday, then the top four seeded teams will play Saturday & Sunday. If none of the dates work due to weather conditions, then the top four seeded teams will represent QRC 34 in the Region 2A Basketball Tournament next week.
1. The varsity girls basketball team travels to Amelia in the Quad Rivers Conference 34 Basketball Tournament at 7:00. Cost for the game is $6.00
2. The varsity boys basketball team travels to Prince Edward for a quarter final game in the Quad Rivers Conference 34 Basketball Tournament at 7:00. Cost for the game is $6:00.
Tuesday, February 17:
1. The Forensics team travels to Prince Edward High School to compete in the Quad Rivers Conference 34 Forensics Competition at 4:00.
Thursday, February 19:
1. Semi-finals of the QRC 34 Basketball Tournaments at higher seeds.
Friday, February 20:
1. Championship games of the QRC 34 Basketball Tournament at the highest seeded boys team still in the tournament. Both the girls & boys championship games will be played at this location. Cost for the games is $7:00.
Saturday, February 21:
1. Members of the swim team will travel to Christiansburg to participate in the VHSL 1A & 2A swim meet.