Rohrer's Art Renderings

Art and info from O155 home of all 8th grade Art students

Gargoyles and Zoomorphic Vessels

What a creature…never seen before…out of the imagination, and so handsome, don’t you think?  All of our Gargoyles are unique individuals designed to be one of a kind critters!  We studied the Gargoyles of the Rennaisance with their animal mixes,and exaggerated features and scary ways along with Pre-Columbian  vessels.  Our Zoomorphic ( animal inspired) vessels, similar to those found in Central and South America, are useable as containers , bowls, and even pitchers.

The Ceramics classes made 38 terrific critters sculpted with an assortment of animal features, using their Art Elements of shape, form, texture, pattern and emphasis! We are now working to glaze  them is full color! Here are a few more to see now… but tune in before May 29 to see them in living color!

Author: arohrer

As a GMS Art instructor, I am happily beginning my 12th year with the GCPS system ! We have a wonderful school facility that enables us to create all kinds of interesting ART ! Certified to teach Art K-12, I have taught all levels of middle school and H.S. Art 1. My experience in teaching Art includes all ages from 2 to 100! God and family are first in my life! My husband Doug, daughters Amy & Karen and son-in-laws Jeff and Andy bring joy to my life! Art has always been my passion and I find teaching very rewarding. I enjoy creating Art in all forms, but my love and focus has always been water color painting. This year promises to be one of exciting artistic growth and creation at GMS !