Rohrer's Art Renderings

Art and info from O155 home of all 8th grade Art students

Soaring toward Summer!

Our art 8Honors students have finished our G21 !  We once again virtually visited the Virginia Tidal Wetland home of the PROTHONATORY WARBLER !  Late in May, many of us plan to go on a canoe trip to actually see the wildlife of the wetlands with Mrs. Moore’s STEM classes.  We have been working with her classes to illustrate the creatures of that area in conjunction with a study being done at VCU. Our work included a realistic drawing unit followed by a water color paint study!  We combined the 2 units to create one final realistic water color!  Here you see the outstanding realism achieved by Shelby, as she custom mixed her own colors, and used several water color tricks!

Allison and Berkeley also mastered the difficult media of water color! You can see all of the painting in the O wing on our Art Gallery wall!  The Honors students did a magnificent job!

Author: arohrer

As a GMS Art instructor, I am happily beginning my 12th year with the GCPS system ! We have a wonderful school facility that enables us to create all kinds of interesting ART ! Certified to teach Art K-12, I have taught all levels of middle school and H.S. Art 1. My experience in teaching Art includes all ages from 2 to 100! God and family are first in my life! My husband Doug, daughters Amy & Karen and son-in-laws Jeff and Andy bring joy to my life! Art has always been my passion and I find teaching very rewarding. I enjoy creating Art in all forms, but my love and focus has always been water color painting. This year promises to be one of exciting artistic growth and creation at GMS !