Rohrer's Art Renderings

Art and info from O155 home of all 8th grade Art students

Creatively Pulling out those prints !

Things in the art room do get really creative!  Some of our students see things differently, and life is more fun when you ‘Think outside of the box! “

Our Art 8 honors class has been working on Collograph print making! These kinds of prints are made by gluing things to a cardboard plate to create a relief surface from which to print1 “Collage means to glue, and the Collo prefix means that the relief surface is glued on!  Here you see our artist’s at work! Soon there will be big Editions pulled from these print plates!  It is a messy sticky job, but you do the creative work just once & then you can makeup to 35 prints to show for your work! The printing can be done in multiple colors on a great number of different colorful papers!  This time of the year it is good to have extras to share! Join us next time to se what happens after we roll the presses and reveal the editions!

Author: arohrer

As a GMS Art instructor, I am happily beginning my 12th year with the GCPS system ! We have a wonderful school facility that enables us to create all kinds of interesting ART ! Certified to teach Art K-12, I have taught all levels of middle school and H.S. Art 1. My experience in teaching Art includes all ages from 2 to 100! God and family are first in my life! My husband Doug, daughters Amy & Karen and son-in-laws Jeff and Andy bring joy to my life! Art has always been my passion and I find teaching very rewarding. I enjoy creating Art in all forms, but my love and focus has always been water color painting. This year promises to be one of exciting artistic growth and creation at GMS !