Rohrer's Art Renderings

Art and info from O155 home of all 8th grade Art students

The Clay Kiln Yields Treasures!

Our Art Honors 8 students were given creative freedom to use the knowledge and skills they developed this year to design and form whatever they wanted out of clay!  The results were impressive and fun!  Painting and color mixing skills and strong design concepts were exhibited. Here you see some results of student hard work and diligence.

The Art 8 students enjoyed their Clay unit as well, by studying Native American Clay creation methods.  Here you see one of the outstanding hand built pieces, designed, meticulously formed and well glazed by a student who worked hard to make it turn out so well!

In the coming weeks we will  be firing the kiln often to finish up all the ceramic pieces! It is an exciting time of the year!

Author: arohrer

As a GMS Art instructor, I am happily beginning my 12th year with the GCPS system ! We have a wonderful school facility that enables us to create all kinds of interesting ART ! Certified to teach Art K-12, I have taught all levels of middle school and H.S. Art 1. My experience in teaching Art includes all ages from 2 to 100! God and family are first in my life! My husband Doug, daughters Amy & Karen and son-in-laws Jeff and Andy bring joy to my life! Art has always been my passion and I find teaching very rewarding. I enjoy creating Art in all forms, but my love and focus has always been water color painting. This year promises to be one of exciting artistic growth and creation at GMS !