Rohrer's Art Renderings

Art and info from O155 home of all 8th grade Art students

Mrs Johnson’s Class’s Creative Report!

Recently Mrs. Johnson’s students took a visual tour of the city nights by creating a collage of city skyscrapers and lights!

Motivated by a book we read on City Nights, we were inspired by huge buildings of all shapes and sizes that we don’t see here in Goochland!  It was a fun trip even though we never left the Art room!

We also enjoyed 2 clay projects ! Here you see our hand built clay pots, followed by our”noodle” people. Although we could have made a muddy mess, all of the students have useful creative and decorative ceramics pieces to enjoy!     These students will soon be bringing home a huge portfolio that they made and decorated with things that they learned to draw this school year!  Inside they have carefully placed all of their  art for 2013-2014!  Here you too can enjoy seeing what they have done!  This is a great class group, and we always have a really good time as we create!

Author: arohrer

As a GMS Art instructor, I am happily beginning my 12th year with the GCPS system ! We have a wonderful school facility that enables us to create all kinds of interesting ART ! Certified to teach Art K-12, I have taught all levels of middle school and H.S. Art 1. My experience in teaching Art includes all ages from 2 to 100! God and family are first in my life! My husband Doug, daughters Amy & Karen and son-in-laws Jeff and Andy bring joy to my life! Art has always been my passion and I find teaching very rewarding. I enjoy creating Art in all forms, but my love and focus has always been water color painting. This year promises to be one of exciting artistic growth and creation at GMS !