Rohrer's Art Renderings

Art and info from O155 home of all 8th grade Art students

VMFA Exhibits Ryan McGinnis Virginia Born Artist!

In perfect timing for our symmetry study, the  Virgina Museum of Fine Arts has just opened a Ryan McGinniss exhibit!  Creating Icons to represent 200 works of art from the museum’s  amazing collection, Ryan was commissioned to design huge panels to be displayed just inside the museum entrance!  Much of his work is symmetrical and all of it is symbolic!  We will also begin our new  sketchbook assignment on monograms this week!  As we look at the work of McGinniss we will be inspired by good design elements and principles created for our own museum by a living artist from our own state!

Author: arohrer

As a GMS Art instructor, I am happily beginning my 12th year with the GCPS system ! We have a wonderful school facility that enables us to create all kinds of interesting ART ! Certified to teach Art K-12, I have taught all levels of middle school and H.S. Art 1. My experience in teaching Art includes all ages from 2 to 100! God and family are first in my life! My husband Doug, daughters Amy & Karen and son-in-laws Jeff and Andy bring joy to my life! Art has always been my passion and I find teaching very rewarding. I enjoy creating Art in all forms, but my love and focus has always been water color painting. This year promises to be one of exciting artistic growth and creation at GMS !