Rohrer's Art Renderings

Art and info from O155 home of all 8th grade Art students

Looking back & Looking forward!

WE  have been very busy with so many things!  Here’s a quick review and preview of coming attractions!

Before our Thanksgiving break, we spent some time getting to know Vincent Van Gogh! We learned about his desire to bring beauty into his sad world!  He said “ there is nothing more Artistic than to love people.” While he died a failure however, his dreams came true posthumously.  His now wildly famous art continues to bring beauty to the world as it is shown in all the top museums throughout the universe!

Our interest in Van Gogh has followed us into a study of color for the Tropical Paradise painting we are now doing. AS we study color theory and learn to mix colors with paint, we see in depth the magic and beauty of  the amazing hues we find in nature!

Our current Sketchbook entry due on Dec 5 & 6  was on Thanksgiving. Our classes had delightful discussions on our blessings, making great lists of things to be thankful for!  The students will illustrate between 1 and 10  of the things they are most Thankful for . It will be fun to see what their  drawings portray!

Author: arohrer

As a GMS Art instructor, I am happily beginning my 12th year with the GCPS system ! We have a wonderful school facility that enables us to create all kinds of interesting ART ! Certified to teach Art K-12, I have taught all levels of middle school and H.S. Art 1. My experience in teaching Art includes all ages from 2 to 100! God and family are first in my life! My husband Doug, daughters Amy & Karen and son-in-laws Jeff and Andy bring joy to my life! Art has always been my passion and I find teaching very rewarding. I enjoy creating Art in all forms, but my love and focus has always been water color painting. This year promises to be one of exciting artistic growth and creation at GMS !