Rohrer's Art Renderings

Art and info from O155 home of all 8th grade Art students

THE EXCITEMENT OF

OPENING  THE  KILN….

file://localhost/Users/arohrer/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/

IS especially wonderful when none of our creations have exploded!  Just peek inside here with me a minute while the kiln cools down to be unloaded!  The  firing takes place over more that 8 hours from start to finish.  I pushed the button yesterday at 8 am , and lifted the lid for cooling this am.  Inside were beautifully Bisque fired clay pieces nicely made by my Ceramics classes who are learning to wedge out air bubbles, and join clay pieces so they don’t fall apart! Now they are ready to glaze in wonderful glassy colors like these!

AHH !  THE  JOYS OF CREATION, CLAY & FRIDAY!… it doesn’t get any better than that!  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!  Do something creative!

Author: arohrer

As a GMS Art instructor, I am happily beginning my 12th year with the GCPS system ! We have a wonderful school facility that enables us to create all kinds of interesting ART ! Certified to teach Art K-12, I have taught all levels of middle school and H.S. Art 1. My experience in teaching Art includes all ages from 2 to 100! God and family are first in my life! My husband Doug, daughters Amy & Karen and son-in-laws Jeff and Andy bring joy to my life! Art has always been my passion and I find teaching very rewarding. I enjoy creating Art in all forms, but my love and focus has always been water color painting. This year promises to be one of exciting artistic growth and creation at GMS !